Being prepared is the key to ensuring you beat the heat and stay cool while out on the golf course. With the sun beating down, the heat can start to take its toll in short time, however if you plan ahead it can make a world of difference.
As noted by long-term Fenix XCell Brand Ambassador Scott Hend, staying cool, calm and collected in hot and sticky weather can be a challenge, with Fenix XCell’s permeable fabrics helping to keep him comfortable.
“It is imperative when you play in warm climates to have shirts that are comfortable and don’t make you overheat,” Hend states.
“The trousers are easy to move and bend in and keep their shape well after washing. Overall, the fabrics they (Fenix XCell) use are very durable and airy, which is vital in the warm, sticky weather.”
When it comes to beating the heat, the following is important:
- Plenty of water – it’s easy to become overheated in the hot weather (the heat can sometimes creep up on you) and staying hydrated is critical. Make sure you have plenty of water on hand and are regularly drinking throughout your round.
- Stay in the shade – keep out of the sun as much as possible. Of course, it is impossible to avoid direct sunlight entirely, however make sure you stick to the shade where available. An umbrella may also be a good option.
- Appropriate clothing – as covered above, the right clothing can make a significant difference to your comfort levels while out on the course, with enhanced breathability a core focus of the Fenix XCell range. Fenix XCell polos are manufactured with high-quality fabrics which enable air flow and draw heat away from the body.
- Wear a hat and sunglasses – as with the above, this will significantly add to the comfort factor during your round and provide protection from UV rays.
- Sunscreen – wearing sunscreen is very important, providing protection from UV rays and helping to avoid painful sunburn.
- Conserve your energy – perform a light warm-up and ensure you’re feeling comfortable, however don’t go all out before your round. You’ll need enough energy to last the day.
- Keep up your energy levels – you won’t want to be playing on a full stomach, however having a couple of healthy snacks on hand can help boost your energy levels during your round.