The typical journeyman pro, Australian Scott Hend has arguably done more air miles than any other golfer over the past few years. Based in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, where his wife and two kids reside, Hend has split his time between the European Tour and Asian Tour since his maiden European Tour victory at the Hong Kong Open in 2014.
Turning pro in 1997, it wasn’t until 2004 that Hend broke through, securing his PGA Tour card at Qualifying School. He played there for two seasons, leading the Tour’s Driving Distance stat in 2005 with an average of 319 yards, the first ever foreigner to do so. But when his 2006 season was curtailed by injury, he switched his focus to the Asian Tour, and has since established himself as one of the most successful players in the history of the tour. Currently 3rd on the all-time Asian Tour Money List, Hend has racked up 9 wins since his debut season in 2007, ranked only behind Thaworn Wiratchant and Thongchai Jaidee.
- 2008 Indonesia President Invitational (Asian Tour)
- 2012 ISPS Handa Singapore Classic (Asian Tour)
- 2013 Chiangmai Golf Classic (Asian Tour)
- 2013 Mercuries Taiwan Masters (Asian Tour)
- 2013 Venetian Macau Open (Asian Tour)
- 2014 Hong Kong Open (European/Asian Tour)
- 2015 Venetian Macau Open (Asian Tour)
- 2016 True Thailand Classic (European/Asian Tour)
- 2016 Queen’s Cup (Asian Tour)
Best World Ranking: 59
- 2016 Asian Tour Order of Merit Winner
Live | Play | XCell